Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New Grocery Store Products

Recently I've been getting coupons at the Jewel and Dominick's to try some new products for Free: Sierra Mist Splash, Good Belly Probiotic drinks, and 100 calorie pack yogurts, here are my reviews:
One Thumb up!
Diet Sierra Mist has a new flavor, Ruby Splash. This soda is worth trying if you like diet Sierra Mist products. It has a more artificial grapefruit taste than it's Coca Cola counter part Fresca. Less tang and bite than Fresca though that some people may prefer.


If you're looking for a two thumbs up soda i'd recommend Diet Orange Crush. One of the few diet sodas that contains calories, a mere 15 calories per 8oz serving. For those measily 15 cals this soda tastes very close to the full calorie crush. Two Thumbs up!

Two Thumbs down!
Breyer's 100 Calorie pack yogurt packs contain four 4oz yogurts each with sometype of candy sprinkles to stir into the yogurt. I tried the cheesecake flavor with graham cracker candy pieces on top. The pieces tasted like lame cereal and the yogurt was sour and very light tasting. I'll keep my 6oz Dannon Light and Fit yogurts at 80 calories each thank you very much. Needless to say most of these yogurts went straight in the trash.

Dannon Light and Fit has two limited edition summer flavors: Watermelon and Canteloupe. I recently tried canteloupe and it has a nice smooth flavor, one thumb up!

One Thumb up! The Dominick's register spit out two coupons for Free 4 packs of Good Belly to me. I've tried the strawberry and the Blueberry Acai. Good belly is a probiotic drink found near the yogurts in the refrigerated section. This drink is filled with good bacteria for your digestive system. They cost about $2.99 for a four-pack which makes me question if this small shot sized dairy free juice drink is affordable for the average person to regularly consume. The taste wasn't that great either, I'd stick to Dannon's Activia if you want a healthy dose of probiotics.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you have any more coupons for those probiotics and/or yogurt? That would be great after the course of antibiotics I took.