Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Worth a Try

On Monday KFC offered one free piece of their new KFC grilled chicken to all customers. I tried a wing, the chicken skin was so flavorful and very CRISPY! It left a greasy feel on my lips, I was skeptical whether or not this tasty chicken was much healthier than the fried version. KFC website claims 4 grams of fat and 70 calories in a grilled chicken drumstick! I guess voodoo makes this chicken taste so good because this chicken has a lot of flavor and is low cal compared to a drumstick of their original recipe which has 110 calories and 7 grams of fat.

Trader Joe's has a wide variety of tasty cookies. Their graham crackers are unlike any i've had before and their peppermint Joe Joe's tasted great when I coated them in chocolate this Christmas. My most recent favorite is their Inside Out Carrot Cake Cookie. Once again I was skeptical when C bought a container but I was wrong! These are amazing!!! There are several websites circulating online to make a homemade version, I definately will have to try it!

1 comment:

lucidflux said...

The KFC grilled chicken is actually pretty good. It looks a little funny though because It would appear that they cooked it in some sort of panini press to speed the cooking time. There are 1-2mm grooves across both sides of the chicken.

I am also in full agreement regarding the inside out carrot cake cookies from Trader Joes. They are ultra moist and so good that you really don't want to eat just one even though they are pretty large cookies.